We’ve officially made it through the first month of 2021! Let’s take some time to reflect on what the month of January meant to each of us.
- Did you write out New Year’s resolutions or goals you wanted to accomplish for the month?
- How do you feel about progress on these resolutions or goals?
- Do you feel like you’re in the same spot now as you were at the beginning of January?
- What are some ways you feel like you’ve grown from January 1st up until this point?
- Do you feel like you took time to rest when it was needed, or are you feeling burnt out?
- Do you feel like you’ve been intentional about spending time listening to what God is saying for your life? If not, what are some ways you think you could be doing a better job of this?
So often it’s easy for us to get caught up in the routine of each day without taking time to reflect on where we are in our walk with God, how we’re feeling, and/or how intentional we are about our growth in every area of life. As we go further into a new year, let’s remember how important it is to constantly challenge ourselves to reflect and always find ways to be the best version of ourselves each day, even in the way we rest/take breaks. God desires this of us.
“Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men, knowing that you will receive the reward of an inheritance from the Lord. You serve the Lord Christ.” (Colossians 3:23-24 HCSB)
Looking for clarification on what it means to do something for the Lord? Check out this article: https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/do-it-for-the-reward